Hey, wait... you might be thinking. That doesn't look like the Outer Banks... isn't that, no it couldn't be but isn't that CONNECTICUT?!!!
Yup, we bailed on "OBX". We were supposed to stay the week but we decided not to stick around for 50mph winds and possible coastal flooding. The forecast for the rest of the week was bad too - when sitting on the beach on the "best" day of the week required fortitude and perseverance we decided we'd be better off at home. And yes, we checked the CT forecast and saw that the rain wouldn't hit there for another couple of days, and so here we are, back on my husband's aunt and uncle's doorstep once more!
We joked that perhaps we really are ready to have kids if we've run out of good vacations on our own...!
Anyway, it is a little chilly but it ISN'T WINDY and I've had a very lovely afternoon by the lake with my lace. I'm done with the nupps - just the lace border and edging to go. Of course we aren't visiting those friends any more but they are in town next week so I will give it then.